- 1. DEFINITION AND DANALIX APPS
- 2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
- 3. DATA MONETIZATION
- 4. WHERE WE STORE AND ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA – INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS .
- 5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- 6. JOB APPLICANT/SALES PARTNERSHIP APPLICANTS
- 7. TRANSFER AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- 8. YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF E-MAIL CORRESPONDENCE AND ACCESS AND CORRECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 9. DATA INTEGRITY
- 10. SECURITY
- 11. LIMITATION ON SCOPE OF PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- 12. COMPLIANCE AND ENFORCEMENT
- 13. UNLAWFUL USE OF [OWNER] SOFTWARE
- 14. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN WHO ARE UNDER 13 (OR UNDER 16 IN THE EU)
- 15. OTHER SITES
- 16. YOUR RIGHTS
- 17. DATA RETENTION
- 19. HOW TO CONTACT US
- 20. AFFILIATE
Version Date: September 18, 2022
Danalix Software Limited and its affiliates (details of which are listed at the end of this Policy)("We" or “Danalix”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We may revise this Policy from time to time. The most current version of this Policy will govern our use of your personal data. If we decide to change our Policy, we will post the updated Policy on this site and update the Policy modification date. Kindly check back regularly to review any changes to this Policy. Prior versions of the Policy are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Personal data" means any information or set of information that relates to or could reasonably be linked to an identifiable individual, either directly or indirectly. Personal data does not include information that is encoded, anonymized or deidentified.
1. DANALIX APP
For more information about Danalix App, please refer to the app specific website: www.danalix.com.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
Personal Data We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our internal or external sites, including our websites and information you provide on independent partner sites that is transferred to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, subscribing to our services or support services, downloading free and trial versions of our software, posting material or requesting further services and using our services. This information may be provided by the organization or individual, usually our customer, that has purchased or may purchase the product or service. . We may also ask you for information when you report
- Record of the correspondence, if you contact us.
- Records of completed surveys about your experience with Danalix’s products and services that we use for research purposes after we contact you, although you do not have to respond to them
- Details of transactions you carry out and of the fulfilment of orders, including the downloading and licensing of software.
- Details of your visits to our sites and use of our online or hosted services including, but not limited to, traffic data, data regarding the site pages you visit, weblogs, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources and services that you access.
- Materials, whether in digital or electronic or print format, that you send to us or our affiliate for publication or other use and/or any information arising therefrom. By sending materials to us, you thereby represent, confirm and warrant your unencumbered ownership thereof and grant us the rights, without limitation, to publish the material and/or otherwise use same in any manner whatsoever
- Full or partial audio or video recordings and/or photographs or other materials relating to events that we or our affiliate organized or sponsored in which you participated and/or any information arising therefrom. By participating in such events, you thereby grant us unencumbered rights, without limitation, to publish the materials and/or otherwise use same in any manner whatsoever.
- Information that you supply to us in the course of general marketing and other business activities.
- Information that you supply to us when you visit our facilities or while attending an event at which Danalix is a participant or which is sponsored (in whole or in part) by Danalix. We may also make video recordings and take photographs of these events
- Information collected by Danalix’s software diagnostic tools functionality described below and other tools embedded within our software products. We make efforts to anonymize by default.
- Information that is provided to Danalix by third parties such as our business partners, in the course of Danalix providing and supporting Danalix’s products and services
- Information that you supply to us or that we obtain/create in the course of your application for employment, partnership, collaboration or engagement of any kind (for example, salary, commission, performance evaluations, benefits data, background checks).See paragraph 6 below for more detail.
IP addresses and other Technical Information
When you visit any of our sites, use our services and apps developed by or with our products, we may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, domain name, operating system and browser type, certain hardware or device information and other technical information. This is information about browsing actions and patterns and the use of certain software products and apps and does not identify any individual except where user settings are configured by the user to provide personal data or where we have expressly notified you in the course of registering for or accessing a service that personal data will be collected.
Website Cookies & Beacons
Danalix And Third-Party Apps
Danalix utilizes third party apps to deliver certain features and enhance user experience. In order to understand how our software is used, how it performs, and the preferences of the users, Danalix by itself or through these apps collect data on the use and performance of the Software. If you use any of these third-party apps within the Danalix software environment, please note that these third-party apps have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these apps and or their websites.
Free & Trial Versions of Software
If you are using a free or trial version of our software products or services or accessing certain free functionality within our products, we may use the personal data provided when setting up an account (which is required to download or access the functionality) to contact you about your experience with the products and to keep you informed about other products and services that we feel you may be interested in.
3. DATA MONETIZATION
We do not monetize the personal data of our customers
4. WHERE WE STORE AND ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA – INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Your Personal Data may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in Canada and by our affiliates and third parties, that are based in other countries. The addresses of our offices where Danalix Software Limited and its affiliates are located are listed at the end of this Policy.
Therefore, your Personal Data may be processed outside your jurisdiction, and in countries that are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission or your local legislature and/or regulator, and that may not provide for the same level of data protection as your jurisdiction, such as the EEA. We make efforts to ensure that the recipient of your Personal Data offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into the appropriate back-to-back agreements and, if required, standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
In general, we will only process personal data where the processing is in our legitimate business interests or required to perform a contract with you or our corporate affiliate. We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with products or services that you request from us, or which your Organization has requested on your behalf, and to provide you with information which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or your Organization.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- In order to better service you with respect to Danalix products and services that are available from time to time.
- To notify you about changes to our service, updates to our sites, new Danalix product offerings or special events hosted or sponsored by Danalix or its business partners.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Danalix, our customers, or others.
- To provide you with updates on any events you are registered to attend or interested in.
- If you attend or speak at any of our events or events that we attend as a sponsor, we may make video recordings of such events for use in promotional and educational material.
- If you visit our offices or sites, we may maintain CCTV footage for the safety and protection of Danalix, Danalix’s premises and staff.
If you are an applicant for a job or for engagement by Danalix, we use personal data about you to determine your suitability for employment, job assignments and responsibilities in accordance with paragraph 6.
If you are an employee we use personal data about you for various employment-related purposes, primarily relating to establishing and managing our employment relationship with you.
We may provide information to you in the form of e-mails, mailings, website displays or other correspondence methods.
Danalix will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether they receive communications from Danalix or its authorized resellers concerning Danalix products and services (as described further below).
We will only use and share personal data in ways that are relevant for the purposes for which the information was collected and/or subsequently authorized by you.
6. JOB/SALES PARTNERSHIP APPLICANTS
In sending us your Resume or CV, you are allowing us to store it with your contact details in our job applicant and/or Sales Partnership Applicant database. We will only share your personal details with the Danalix Human Resources and/or Sales and Marketing team members, talent acquisition, third-party facilitators and consultants engaged to support the recruitment, sales and marketing processes, and Danalix Interview Panel Members for positions that you have applied for or that may be of interest to you for a profile like yours. We may need to share your personal data with external third parties such as to local labour authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process. For certain positions where we feel a background check is required, we might share your personal details with a service third party provider who will support this.
7. TRANSFER AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
To Other Third Parties. We may transfer or disclose personal data to other third parties who agree to process such personal data in accordance with our instructions and provide appropriate technical and organizational security measures. Such third parties may include:
- Other affiliates of Danalix, such as Lexlines Limited, where it is necessary for the efficient provision of services and the most productive use of Danalix’s resources
- our authorized resellers and business partners for the limited purposes of offering and supporting our products and associated services.
- To trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, solely on our behalf, who are bound by appropriate written agreements.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Danalix, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Government agencies or other third parties as authorized by applicable law: (i) to comply with legal, regulatory, or reporting requirements (such as reporting to tax authorities and employment regulators), (ii) in the event we are required to respond to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other legal process, or if, in our good faith opinion, such disclosure is required by law, (iii) at the request of governmental authorities conducting an audit or investigation, (iv) to verify or enforce compliance with applicable employee policies, laws, rules, or regulations, (v) in connection with corporate restructurings or potential acquisitions, mergers, or sales, or (vi) whenever we believe disclosure is necessary to limit the legal liability, or to protect or enforce the rights, interests, or safety, of you, the Company, our subsidiaries and affiliates, other employees, or third parties.
8. YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF E-MAIL CORRESPONDENCE AND ACCESS AND CORRECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
In certain circumstance, you may have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (“opt-out”). We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) how we intend to use your data or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for the purpose for which it was collected. If you want to opt-out in applicable instances, please contact us as set out below.
You may also opt-out of future marketing correspondence by updating your preferences using the link on the footer of e-mail correspondence.
Upon request, we will provide you with reasonable access to personal data about you in our possession and will take reasonable steps to permit you to correct, amend, or delete personal data that you demonstrate to be inaccurate or incomplete. When updating personal data about you, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are fraudulent, unreasonably repetitious, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), or would be extremely impractical (for example, requests concerning information residing on backup servers or tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so at no cost to you, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to protect information from accidental or malicious alteration or destruction. Accordingly, after your information is deleted, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers or remove information from our backup systems.
9. DATA INTEGRITY
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data that we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. You are responsible for the accuracy of all personal data you provide to us. We will use reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the personal data we obtain, and to update it as appropriate. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is reliable for its intended use.
We have implemented, and will maintain current, reasonable physical, technical, and organizational security measures for the purpose of protecting the personal data in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have security measures in place to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites or through our software; any transmission is at your own risk.
11. LIMITATION ON SCOPE OF PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
12. COMPLIANCE AND ENFORCEMENT
Danalix Software Limited will conduct periodic internal compliance audits of our relevant privacy practices to verify adherence to this Policy. We encourage individuals covered by this Policy to raise any concerns they have about the way we process their personal data by contacting us at the address below.
Danalix Software Limited commits to resolve questions and complaints about your privacy and its collection or processing of your personal data. Individuals who believe that Danalix or any of its affiliates is not complying with the terms of this Policy, can contact Danalix’s Data Privacy Officer, 318-1280 Finch Avenue West, North York, Ontario, M3J 3K6, Canada or by email at email@example.com.
13. UNLAWFUL USE OF Danalix SOFTWARE
Danalix Software Limited regards software piracy as the crime it is, and we view offenders accordingly. We do not tolerate the unlawful use of Danalix software products, and we pursue those who do so using all legal means available, including public and private surveillance resources. As part of these efforts, Danalix may utilize data monitoring and scouring technologies to obtain and transmit data on unauthorized use of our software. Such data may be transferred and processed in a country other than the one where the software is being used or accessed. If you are using an unauthorized or unlicensed copy of our software, cease using it immediately and contact Danalix to obtain a legally licensed copy. By using an unauthorized or unlicensed copy of Danalix software, you should be aware that Danalix will collect, use, and transfer personal data internationally for the purposes of identifying users of such software. This personal data may include online identification, such as IP address, MAC address and geolocation.
14. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN WHO ARE UNDER 13 (OR UNDER 16 IN THE EU)
Our sites are not directed to children younger than age thirteen (13) or under the age of sixteen (16) in the EU. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under these ages on any of our sites or software and we will delete any such information later determined to be from such young person, unless we have received consent to collect such personal data from the child’s parent or guardian. In the event a parent or guardian believes that his/her child has provided information to Danalix and wishes that data to be removed or corrected, please contact Danalix as described below.
15. OTHER SITES
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our authorized resellers, business partners, industry forums, analysts and to other sites that are relevant to our products and services. Additionally, for some of the functions within our websites we link to/use third party suppliers for example, when you visit a page with videos embedded from or links to YouTube. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
16. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights relating to your personal data, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws and, in particular, if you are located in the EEA, these rights may include:
- To access your personal data held by us (right to access);
- To rectify inaccurate personal data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the personal data, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your personal data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- To restrict our processing of your personal data, to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- To transfer your personal data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- To object to any processing of your personal data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects ("Automated Decision-Making"). Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites or in our services; and
- To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your personal data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please see the Section 19, How to Contact Us.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
17. DATA RETENTION
19. HOW TO CONTACT US
Danalix Software Limited
The Data Privacy Officer
318-1280 Finch Avenue West,
North York, Ontario, M3J 3K6,
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
318-1280 Finch Avenue West,
North York, Ontario, M3J 3K6,
or by email at email@example.com.